[TowerTalk] Re: Prosistel Rotators

Ian tge at supanet.com
Wed Jan 29 02:38:47 EST 2003

Hi Pete,

I replaced a G1000 with a Prosistel  PST2051 (a medium duty model). The way
it works is better than the Yaesu, being a worm gear, also there is no play
in the gears which I like. With the G1000 the constant twisting of my
KT34XA in
even a light breeze was annoying (movement of about 2ft at the ends of the
boom). Being a worm gear, the wind wont turn it because the worm gear is
the break. The Yaesu relies on the friction of the motor and gears. The
rotator and controller are well put together and I had no problems
installing and using mine.

One thing I miss about the G1000 is the controller with the round dial,  I
put
a small great circle map in there and it was easy to visually see where i
needed to point. A digital read out takes a bit of getting used to.
Gale force winds are very common here in the north of
Scotland and the PST definately handles the gales better.

Ian, GM0TGE