[TowerTalk] Line Isolators (was: common mode chokes)

Chuck Counselman ccc at space.mit.edu
Tue Jul 1 01:53:13 EDT 2003

At 9:24 PM -0700 6/30/03, Michael Tope W4EF wrote:
>Check the TT archives to be sure, Chuck, but I think
>someone else measured one of these Radio Works
>isolators a while back and got numbers similar to
>yours.

Thanks.  I just checked.  You're right.  Joe Reisert, W1JR, wrote:

"Last year a bought and measured the Radio Works Line Isolator in my in line
(isolation on the outer shield) balun test setup using an HP Network
Analyzer. It measured about 220 Ohm at 1.8 MHz and 500 Ohms at 3.5 MHz...."

In Radio Works advertising (see my original post for the URLs) it is stated:

"Winding Z @ 3.5 MHz >33K".

">33K" vs. "500 ohms" -- hmmm....

I guess it all depends on the meaning of "K".

-Chuck, W1HIS