[TowerTalk] Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2

wo4o at juno.com wo4o at juno.com
Tue Jul 1 23:44:49 EDT 2003

> Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:52:55 -0700 (PDT)
> From: frederick muehlen <n5wla at yahoo.com>
> To: towertalk at contesting.com
> Subject: [TowerTalk] reuse of guy grips?
> Message: 10
>
> Can anyone tell me if guy grips can be reused?  I purchased a tower
> with guys terminated with guy grips, but the guys will be too long
> in the new installation.  Can I remove the guy grips, cut the cable
> and reterminate with the same grips?  If so, what's the best way to
> remove the grips?

Guy grips undamaged after removal have been successfully reused @ Wo4o.
(If memory serves me) to remove/unwrap guygrips for reuse, wear gloves
and hold one side firmly with pliers and pry the other side lose with a
flat head screw driver.  Once you've completed the task you may want to
drink a Screwdriver.  GL Ric

...-.-