[TowerTalk] Thank you. Next question...

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Wed Jul 2 10:16:58 EDT 2003

In a message dated 7/2/03 6:03:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time, n5wla at yahoo.com
writes:

> My next question is what are your opinions regarding use of guy grips vs.
> cable clamps?

    Preformed grips win every time. EASY to put on, fast to install, they
don't loosen up, and you don't have to bend any EHS to do it.

        Clamps - ugh. They're a lot of work and can loosen up. Virtually all
wire rope users use grips these days.

>  Also, are these clamps application-specific or can clamps
> available thru Grainger or Home Depot be used?

    Clamps are generally clamps. The Crosby ones are the best and of course
the most expensive. The ones you find at hardware stores are okay. Be sure to
use a minimum of three per termination and of course the right size for your
application.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH