[TowerTalk] Bending Rebar

kr7x at comcast.net kr7x at comcast.net
Wed Jul 2 17:51:16 EDT 2003

Jerry:

The best way is to have your rebar supplier bend it for you. This is very
common if you use a rebar supplier. If you are buying bulk at HomeDepot or
others then maybe you can find a rebar house that will bend for you.

The next best way is to rent a electro-hydraulic rebar bender/cutter. You can
rent these with a 1" and smaller capacity (#8 bar and smaller) for a small
amount, heck you can even rent a electric wire tier while you are at it.

Do not heat the bar to bend, I repeat do not heat the bar to bend.

73

Hank Lonberg, P.E.,S.E. / KR7X
Lonberg Design Group Ltd.