[TowerTalk] FD antenna

EUGENE SMAR ersmar at comcast.net
Thu Jul 3 23:19:36 EDT 2003

Greg:

     Seventy-five or fifty Ohm coax will work fine.  I fed my 80M horizontal
loop with RG-8X (plus tuner) for almost nine years on all bands and it
worked great.  The feedpoint impedance of a FW loop around a quarter WL
above ground is around 100 Ohms on its fundamental freq.  You'll have a
mismatch with coax but nothing your rig can't handle.  If you use a tuner
for the harmonics, you'll be in even better shape.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F