[TowerTalk] Another collapsed tower

mcduffie at actcom.net mcduffie at actcom.net
Sat Jul 5 17:10:06 EDT 2003

Since no one else has put it here yet, I'll go ahead.  My friend and
fellow TT reader sent me notice this morning that Nebraska has had
yet another tower failure overnight.  The 1360' KETV tower in Omaha
is the latest victim of HDTV buildout.  According to a witness
interviewed by the World Herald, it came down about 11pm last night.
No one was around at the time, but it WAS in the midst of being
worked on.  There is a picture, but I don't own rights to it.  If
Bill wants me to post it, I can, or I can put it on my web site.
What say Bill?

There's another article at
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg=36&u_sid=789337&PHPSESSID=7f4f4c53434fef3fdbd2d41ec732f751
I haven't read it yet, so there might be more details there.  I see
there is another picture there also.

Gary

--
a g 0 n at a r r l dot n e t