[TowerTalk] Re: Tensioning Rohn 45G guys

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Jul 9 17:36:53 EDT 2003

At 11:00 AM 7/9/03 -0400, you wrote:
>In short, "bigger" is not always "better" when it comes to choosing guy
>wire diameter or breaking strength.
A question, though.  One of the beefs with Phillystran is that it stretches
about twice as much as EHS of the same approximate breaking strength, for a
given tension.  This implies to me that using bigger Phillystran might make
for less deflection of the tower under load, and result in a tower that
would be somewhat stronger than otherwise.  Am I missing something?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 17 June 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm