[TowerTalk] 2.4 GHz Bi-Directional Amplifiers

Andrew B. White k9cw at prairienet.org
Wed Jul 16 08:53:33 EDT 2003

Chuck,

I have a 2.5mi path to my ISP's access point.  It is located on a grain
elevator, and the noise level there seems to be high.  Installing a 24dB
gain antenna (replacing their orignal 12dB gain ant) wasn't enough for me,
so I added a YDI amp. This brought my signal's SNR up from about a 6-7dB
to more than 24dB - the link now runs at the 11mb/s rate all the time.

Drew