[TowerTalk] Antenna Stacking Question

Jim Wilcox jim.wil at cox.net
Wed Jul 16 16:40:05 EDT 2003

Thanks for the info, Tim.

I did some searching and see that there are some items about your article in
the TT archives--go there and do a search for

K3LR and W0IYH "choke" baluns in the feedline system

This indicates that the W0IYH balun is a Walt Maxwell (W2DU) bead balun.
>From what I can determine (i.e., Jerry Sevick's books), this type probably
is bested by Joe Reisert's toroid balun.

Please please believe me that I'm not trying to "get anything started" here,
but will you provide more info about what you mean when you say, "I have
tested every available commercial balun and the IYH choke baluns work much
better than any of them"?  I believe that there are several commercial
baluns that are precisely this (W2DU--W0IYH) type.  Can you provide some
data, e.g., actual measurements; how does the W0IYH design differ from that
of W2DU?

Thanks!

Jim, W3WV
Jim Wilcox