[TowerTalk] Tower tale--W6AM

AA6DX aa6dx at pacbell.net
Wed Jul 16 18:55:42 EDT 2003

Don was my favorite contact on 40M CW in the late afternoons, when I would
come home "early" after having been to work for 8-10 hours... he would be
mobile, and give me a "shout" --- we would swap normal ham stuff .. wx,
band, etc... and away he would go to the next QSO . I got many many QSLs
from those contacts, to the point I -- in later years -- discarded them ..
stupid, ehh?
AND . FYI .. Don was a manufacturer's rep.. as a part of how he made his
bux...   and, I did biz with his biz....
NOW .. another ASIDE .. my XYL, WA6MJB, and Don hit it off ...  wifey and I
went to 13 SAROC conventions (Lost Wages) in a row, and at the WESCAR
hospitality room, and the other doo .. doos going on, Don would sit and
visit with Elaine, a few times each convention....  she had no idea she was
sharing time with a ham radio ICON .. and, after a few minutes of joining
them, , I would go back to the "rounds" -- sure interesting to remember now!
More old stories to tell, but that is a swell one!
73    ---    Mark    AA6DX