[TowerTalk] Need Advice on SO2R Antenna Arrangement

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 19 11:40:03 EDT 2003

As regards 10

Be sure to have one of your beam REALLY high up (and remember to point
it at Florida on the appropriate weekends!)

I seem to remember The Fridge (W3LPL) has a 10 meter beam up at the cat
bird seat at his place...

Awesome project - consider making your tallest tower the 55G and
sell/swap some of the smaller stuff towards that goal... I swear I could
park a car on top of our 55G towers... they are sweet.

Check with some of the locals about antenna heights, also look at N6BV's
stuff as to "finding" a good height for your stacks... modeling is great
for what-ifs - K4VX program spits out a pattern real quick like... and
K6STI's YO a more refined output.

As Pete is hinting - be prepared for the minima and expect different
azimuths too... Europe may be "over Africa" on 15 and at times mebbe
even 20 meters!

You will be busy!

GL,

Jim, K4OJ