[TowerTalk] Amerite vs. Rohn

w5kft at nts-online.net w5kft at nts-online.net
Mon Jul 21 01:00:06 EDT 2003

	Years ago a company called American Tower made a brand of
tower called AMERITE.  They had a model similar to Rohn 25 with
only the horizontal brace, it didn't have the "Z" brace. I think it was
called AMERITE 11,  There was also a larger model, similar to
Rohn 45.  This company was located in Ohio or Indiana and was
later purchased by Rohn.

	I have a friend that has one of the old Amerite 11 towers that
has been up 60 feet since 1962.  He wants to take it down and
replace it with a new Rohn 25 tower.  Question is, does anyone
know if the new Rohn 25 will stack on the Amerite 11 base section
that is mounted in concrete.  He would like to stack the Rohn 25
using the orginal concrete base and not have to install a new tower
concrete base just for the Rohn.

Bryan W5KFT