[TowerTalk] Repairing PVC?

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 20:06:51 EDT 2003

In a message dated 7/24/03 6:49:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w2up at mindspring.com writes:

> Just noticed the wall of my 4 inch PVC cable conduit has a hole in
>  the side, possibly caused by a lawn mover.  Is there some kind of
>  patch available for this (or other suggestions)? It's a ragged edge
>  hole about 2 inches across.

If you have piece of old conduit, cut slice of it, then cut patch about 1/4
of the perimeter, make sure the patch piece is bigger than hole. Use PVC cement
(it softens the PVC) smear it on both pieces press and count 100 bottles of
beer down to when it is dry. That should do it.

Yuri