[TowerTalk] Motor drives for vacuum caps

Dennis Ashworth K7FL at arrl.net
Sat Jul 26 10:14:11 EDT 2003

Has anyone discovered a reliable scheme for remote adjustment of vacuum
variables? I have two antennas with vacuum variables at the base and would
very much like to tweak them from the shack. I'd need the ability to
reverse direction and ensure I didn't go beyond the acceptable travel of
the capacitor (maybe some limit switch or turn counter arrangement?). I'd
prefer to stay away from LED/encoder wheels, etc in my high RF environment,
but that may ultimately prove the best solution.

Ideas welcome!

Thanks,
Dennis, K7FL