[TowerTalk] Help, I thought I was out of the woods

Michael Hatzakis, Jr mike at hatzakis.net
Mon Jul 28 18:43:23 EDT 2003

Hi Towertalk,

Well, as I mentioned, I managed to get by the hurdle of the building permit
and the CC&R, but now dealing with a harrassing neighbor.  I appreciate all
your help getting me here... First it was a bogus complaint to the FCC, now
apparently he's complained to the city that he feels my antenna violates
city code.

I've got a city code compliance inspector coming here tommorrow.  I need
some quick guidance to prepare me for this.  The engineering specs I
submitted were for an MA-550.  I have an MA-550 with a mast section of 20'
and a steppir on the lower part of the mast and a 40m dipole at the top.
Questions,

1. Can the city regulate the height of the tower plus mast?

2. Can the city regulate the antennas I have on it?

3. Are there factors that the city can give me a hard time about?  The base
has been inspected already and passed.  How should I prepare?

Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD