[TowerTalk] RG303

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Mon Jul 28 23:17:46 EDT 2003

At 06:26 PM 7/28/03 -0700, you wrote:
>A better choice than RG-142 would be RG-400, which has the same
>dimensions and teflon dielectric, but instead of copperweld has a
>stranded center conductor (as does RG-303), making it easier to wind on
>a toroid and much less likely to cause cold flow displacement of the
>center conductor in the dielectric.

Copperweld?  RF Connection describes the center conductor as silver-plated
solid copper, 18-gauge.  With the teflon dielectric, is cold flow really an
issue?  I know it is with foam, but thought the harder plastics were
probably immune.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 17 June 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm