[TowerTalk] New Antennex issue includes efficient compact antenna

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 21:16:23 EDT 2003

    FYI.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC

>>  Dear antenna folks:

As we have mentioned over the past several months, an efficient compact
was in the works and, best of all, based on conventional science!

In the upcoming issue of antenneX we are going to reveal a new design
for a compact antenna developed jointly by Dan Handelsman, N2DT and
Claudio Re, I1RFQ. It is one of three compacts developed by this team
and is a Compact Cube or Cube-C.

How compact...?? 50cmX50cmX50m for 40 meters isn't bad!
Doing the quick conversion, that's about 20 inches per side!

It is encouraging to hear that it is not based on any new theory or
hype, but proven antenna techniques. Most importantly, the design was
not to be released until it had been extensively tested and proven to
perform as predicted. Depending on the size and frequency of use, the
gain is anywhere from 5 to 20 dB higher than a compact loop's according
to the co-developers.

Folks, sounds like we may really have something here!

In the meantime, I thought you might be interested in seeing one. This
will be displayed on the front cover of the antenneX issue for August
2003:
http://www.antennex.com/front/front76.jpg

We'll announce the publication of the August 2003 issue shortly.

BTW: Be sure to consider joining the new Antenna Discussion List where
numerous interesting antenna subjects are covered.
http://www.antennex.com/maillist.htm

Thanks for your time and hope to see you soon!

Jack L. Stone
antenneX Online Magazine
http://www.antennex.com
jack at antennex.com