[TowerTalk] Balanced Line using Coax ?

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Tue Jul 29 19:34:51 EDT 2003

Don't feel bad, Jim. I went to bed last night thinking that it
was 1/2 the loss, but when my head hit the pillow I started
to imagine two separate generators (one driving each coax
with 1/2 the total power) which made me start to think that
the loss was the same in either case. Fortunately, when I
came back downstairs I realized that I hadn't hit send yet :):)

Anyway, I still think its the same, but perhaps are more
rigorous analysis will show otherwise. I'll leave that to
someone else as this will all be academic if I don't get
my tower application started :):)