[TowerTalk] Unique RFI/Grounding system

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 2 19:22:42 EDT 2003

Good point... for an older house, you would have the usual rod type ground.
A house I lived in in the 70's was built in 1970 and had a rod.
The house I live in now was built in 1998 and has a ufer ground.  In my
case, since there's no rebar in the slab (it's a post tension slab, very
common these days, because it's thinner and cheaper to make), they used the
20 feet of #4 wire approach (at least I saw it there before they did the
pour.. who knows if it's still there. Stranger things have happened before..)

The cables for the post tension are "jacketed" in some sort of plastic
sleeve, so they don't have much electrical contribution.

All of the utilities come in as plastic pipe of one sort or another, so the
"water pipe" ground would be useless.