[TowerTalk] Ground Rods

Thomas Miller ac5tm at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 5 02:17:45 EDT 2003

Depends, according to some electrical inspectors if it isn't flush(top of
ground rod) with the ground there is not 8 feet in the ground.  Thus the rod
if it used for the ground with an electrical panel where required it may not
pass inspection.  I have had electrical inspectors look for this.  I do not
understand this they do not know if it is a 8, 10 or 20 foot rod just as
long as the top is below ground level.  Go figure.  I would rather have the
top out of the ground so one could check the connection without digging it
up.
Tom AC5TM