[TowerTalk] US Towers and wind Loading Capacity

Michael Hatzakis, Jr mikehatzakis at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 09:11:08 EDT 2003

replying to the previous question, I forgot. The rotor is a HAM V (Tailtwister) at the base of the tower.  I think that is more than adequate for the job, am I mistaken?

K4IA at aol.com wrote:I am confused.  The rotor and mast are a 25 pound wind load?

That seems like a lot -- it is more than a big antenna.  How can that be?  I would have thought the mast and rotor would be minimal wind load.  I am planning one of these for myself.  What am I missing?

Radio K4IA
Craig "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA
FISTS # 6702 CC 788 Diamond 64

Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD
Physiatrist, Treating Individuals with Neuromuscular Disabilities
Consultant, Information Technology Based Health Care Solutions