[TowerTalk] Edible cable jackets

Tom Anderson ww5l at gte.net
Mon Jun 23 12:04:57 EDT 2003

Pete:

Years ago at another QTH our neighborhood during a drought was invaded
by rats and for some reason they chewed off everything on about a 3 ft.
section of drop cable on cable TV from the pole to our house except for
the copper center conductor. It was under the eaves of the house leading
to where it came inside.  The way we discovered it was my XYL had a
small portable TV in the kitchen not on cable but just rabbit ears and
we started receiving cable channels on it between VHF channels 2-13.
HBO came in almost perfectly.

Tom, WW5L