[TowerTalk] Tower Climbing Business

Peter Sundberg sm2cew at telia.com
Sat Jun 28 08:12:25 EDT 2003

Greg,

The only thing I can say is that it's been a while since I heard of such
stupidity as you tell in your story.  Especially the part about working
'round the clock' totally exhausted on the tower... doing this has nothing
to do with being a tough guy, to me it is just plain stupidity.

Glad our tower crews over here use more common sense...
And we build equally tall towers.. with similar equipment on them.

73/Peter SM2CEW

At 23:53 2003-06-26 , you wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 mrb188 at bellsouth.net wrote:
>>
>> I am interested in anyone that climbs towers as a partime or fulltime job.
>> Specifically about rates per foot, insurance info, and etc.  I am doing
this
>> as a partime job( I am a career firefighter-emt) and would like info from
>> someone with more experience.  I have worked for a company as a line
technician and was responsible for a 500ft receiver site and enjoyed it
quite a bit.  Any info will be greatly appreciated.