[TowerTalk] Antenna System Questions

Byron Tatum bjtatum at ev1.net
Wed Mar 12 16:13:33 EST 2003

Hello-
    It appears that I may be looking at using an antenna tuner with open
wire feeder and dipole, as I have placed putting up a tower on hold.
    I have plenty of room where I am and can put up a very long dipole { say
250' total if needed}.
    I have never used this type of antenna system and want to work all HF
bands. What is the best overall length of dipole and feeder?
    I recall an article in QST about a year ago regarding an antenna tuner
that was balanced, if I remember correctly it used dual roller inductors and
was supposed to be much better for open wire feedline. Can anyone comment on
this to me? Thank you, Byron WA5THJ.