[TowerTalk] Round Hole vs Square Hole...

EUGENE SMAR spelunk.sueno at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 30 20:05:07 EST 2003

Tom et al:

     Be careful!  The pub I used to sort of help me through my tower design
learning process is the Uniform Building Code from 1997.  In that volume,
under design of footers, the size of the excavation for the footer (tower
foundation) is supposed to be a circular hole of diameter X or a square hole
of DIAGONAL X, not SIDE X.

     A circular hole of adequate size actually requires MORE concrete than a
square hole of adequate size.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F