[TowerTalk] Size of TX-455 hole?

David Greer davidgreer73 at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 19:21:56 EDT 2003

The backhoe operator is coming here on Monday morning to dig the hole for my new U.S. Tower TX-455 55-foot free-standing crank-up. I initially told him to dig a hole 3-feet square by 6-feet deep because that's what a chart on page 4 of the U.S Tower catalog shows. But last night I was looking over the "formal stress analysis document" supplied by the company so I could determine how much rebar I need to buy Saturday. On the page titled "Installation of pier footing TX-455 crank-up tower," it clearly shows the hole for this tower as being 5-feet square by 6 feet deep. So which size is correct? That's a rather large difference. Obviously, such a hole cannot be too big so I could always have him dig the bigger size but don't want to if not necessary. My two phone calls today to U.S. Tower went unanswered. 73, Dave, N4KZ