[TowerTalk] Hygain Bell Style Rotator Potentiometer

Roger Borowski K9RB at bellsouth.net
Thu May 15 22:15:45 EDT 2003

I'm in need of a replacement potientiometer for a Hygain bell style rotator. I believe they have been the same on all the Ham series rotators from Ham-M through Ham IV's.

With the Hamvention this weekend, I imagine most everyone like Norm's, C.A.T.S./RotorDoc, and HyGain will be there and unavailable for a small parts sale? Does anyone have any suggestion where I might be able to obtain/place an order for one maybe tomorrow to expedite this repair for my dear 80 year old friend, Jack-W9NJB prior to next week, after the Hamvention.

I'd even be happy with a used one if someone has a "parts unit" available just to get him back up and running. I've done a complete refurbishment on this unit and the very last thing that I found was the open pot winding. Bummer! Terrible timing too.

Thanks and 73, -=Rog-K9RB=-