[TowerTalk] Guy Anchors

utahfolk utahfolk at xmission.com
Sat May 17 15:39:57 EDT 2003

Lynn ...

The local power company uses MANTA RAY anchors.  They are driven in by
hydrolic (sp?) hammer
and then a special hydrolic cell is used to set them (open the foot) and it
measues the back
tension at the same time so you get some kind of indication of load the
anchor will handle.

I have a Rohn 45 with 2 sets of 4 way guys using these anchors (10 foot
rods+ACE-) ... the only way
they will come out is with a big CAT and they say even then it won't budge
usually, you
just cut the rod off ... My anchors proofed at over 20,000 lbs   All four
set by the local power company
for a very very reasonable fee ... I was there all the time with eyeballs
open and it was super
smooth job ... Total time about 90 minutes.  A very neat system I say ...

For info on this system and others, visit  http://www.earthanchor.com  and
you will see how
the Manta Ray system works.   This is the webpage for Foresight Products
...anchor systems.

... de dave nc7w7fb  Brigham UT