[TowerTalk] EH Antennas and Dr. Demento, Gap 75/80?

Paul Christensen, Esq. attorney at immigration.nu
Sun May 18 21:48:47 EDT 2003

> The Gap Voyager makes a good 40/75/80 vertical antenna, though it is
longer
> than 25 feet and, therefore, does require guys.

I owned the GAP Voyager from '92 through 2000.  It was a very good performer
on 40M, marginal on 80M, and absolutely useless on 160 and 20M.

I now have a Force12 Sigma-40 and I am much more pleased with its
performance against the Voyager.  It was simpler to construct...it's built
much more rugged, and it requires no guy wires....yes, its also priced more
than the Voyager.

I painted mine flat-black with Rustoleum Charcoal Grill paint and it blends
in nicely with the pine trees in the back yard.  I can't say enough about
the Rustoleum Charcoal Grill paint...it completely dries in a few minutes
(dry to the touch almost on contact) and adheres to bare aluminum with no
priming required.   Available at Lowes and Home Depot.

-Paul, W9AC