[TowerTalk] SteppIR 40/30

N6KJ kelly at thejohnsons.ws
Tue Nov 4 13:41:27 EST 2003

I've spoken to the team at Fluid Motion several times about 40 meter
capable versions of the SteppIR.  I've been told they are planning to
have one available next year.  They told me that it will most likely
be "full size" with no loading coils.  This is a bummer for me because
a "full size" 40 is too big for my small city lot (and too big for most
city lots in this area).  They told me that they have yet to figure out
how to build a SteppIR with a loading coil.

To follow up on a previous post about 4 el vs. a stack of 3's.  I change
my answer to: a stack of 4 el steppirs with 40-6 coverage.  Now THAT is
something I would be willing to move outside town for :-)