[TowerTalk] SteppIR's

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Wed Nov 5 17:50:19 EST 2003

K2HK wrote:
Being able to fine tune the individual antennas from the shack when fed in
phase is another advantage. It is possible to compensate for interactions
found in the real world in contrast to calculated l optimums.

         How do you do that?  Are you optimizing Gain, F/B, SWR
or all 3?  Having used YO7 to optimize my KLM610's, I am
very aware of the interactions that stacking causes and would
be interested to know exactly what you mean by "fine tune"
from the shack?  Can you adjust each of the 4 element lengths
to stack-optimized settings?

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  Dreaming of replacing my stack of 3 KLM610's with the
SteppIR 4 elements!