[TowerTalk] Guy Wire Lengths?

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Nov 6 15:34:50 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/6/03 10:53:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
guydriver at msn.com writes:

> On the same idea I'm planning to put two sets of four guys on the tower.
>  One set half way up and the other set at the top.  I think that using four
>  guys as 90 degree inverted vees with a common feed would make some neat
>  inverted vee's.  There is ednogh room for the top set to be cut for 160.
>  (yes lots of room)  The half way up set cut for 40 one way and 80 the
other
>  way.  But the extra lengths for the 80 past the insulator are in the area
of
>  70 feet.  How should this be cut up or am I just thinking of a idea that
is
>  not workable???

    Question - What does the manufacturer say about using 4-way guying? What
kind of tower is it?

    In all cases, follow the LXC Prime Directive to "DO what the manufacturer
says".

    Slopers and inverted vees are not precise. You won't be able to see any
difference between having antennas every 90 degrees or 120 degrees.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH --