[TowerTalk] P.S.: Surge supression

S. J. Blackwell w5lu at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 20:58:15 EST 2003

>From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj at hotmail.com>
>To: towertalk at contesting.com

>It seems to me that it will nevertheless still add an unwanted rf ground
>loop.  It sounds like it might not be a problem provided you

The concept of "RF ground loop" does not compute for me. It seems we are
getting audio concepts in here. The ground length as a function of frequency
will be all over the place from band to band. It seems that the best way to
keep RF out of the shack is not have it there in the first place. Certainly
it would be difficult (impossible?) to simply send it to ground in most
shacks. The concept of safety and RF grounds are apples and oranges. Am I
missing something here?

73
Sam, W5LU