[TowerTalk] 40 Meter Vertical Construction

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Nov 7 17:46:07 EST 2003

FOR ME

I would step down the overlaps as you went yup - start with a longer
overlap say 1 foot and decrease it by and inch or two with each
downsizing...

The cumulative mechanical needs of the tubing are less as you go up - at
the bottom all of the tubes are attached to the bottom one... the top
piece does NOT have anything "after it"

CAUTION NO ENGINEERING CREDENTIALS ONLY A LIFETIME OF EXPOSURE TO
AMATEUR RADIO

K4OJ