[TowerTalk] Remote switching design choice

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Nov 9 12:28:17 EST 2003

Can someone explain to me why some remote antenna switch manufacturers use
a scheme that supplies 12V to the relay box and switch the ground side of
the relays to select antennas, while others supply a common connection and
switch the 12V to the desired relay?  I can't see an advantage one way or
the other, and it does have the effect of creating incompatibility among
makers' hardware.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29.
2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm