[TowerTalk] Remote switching design choice

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 9 14:20:08 EST 2003

The advantage of the scheme where you put power to the relay common, and
switching the grounds to actuate one or more of the relays, is that the
switching can be done by open collector NPN drivers.  Low side switching is
very common, but, as John points out, it does leave the inactive terminals
"hot" relative to ground.