Windows based NEC programs was Re: [TowerTalk] K6STI YO / AO Programs?

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Nov 9 17:21:56 EST 2003

At 02:17 PM 11/9/03 -0800, Jim Lux wrote:
>EZ-NEC is a well respected Windows version of NEC.

The big problem with EZNEC, unfortunately, is that unless you buy the pro
version for much more money it has a limit of 500 segments.  Try modeling a
single-tower station on 10 or 15 meters, looking for interactions with all
the other conductors (antennas, guys, etc.) and you'll quickly find this a
difficult limitation to live with.

I should add that I use 4NEC 2 in conjunction with MultiNEC, because the
latter does not provide antenna viewers, while the latest evolution of
4NEC2 has a really neat Direct X antenna pattern and geometry viewer.  I
have imported all of my EZNEC modeling files into MultiNEC; one of the very
neat things MultiNEC does is to translate among the proprietary formats of
the various other Windows-based programs, as well as vanilla NEC.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29.
2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm