[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest]Leading zero on SSB

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 15:36:41 EST 2003

I can live with the "please copy" guys.  Even the "good luck" is cool.  Lots
of the old timers from the 50s still use "please accept" or "please take."
However, in my 25+ years of doing SS, I have never heard as many "zero, zero,
six" as this years SS SSB.  It drives me nuts to hear some PW KG4XXX or KC9XYZ
send them.  You know you have to copy three digits in all the mud and then find
out two of them were useless after all the work.

On the happy side, it appears although there were not a whole lots of checks
of 00 or higher in the CW SS there were bunches of them in the SSB SS.  Some
of them sounded like pretty decent ops too.  I only got one "10-4" the whole
weekend!

Bill K4XS