[TowerTalk] Nonconductive towers

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 20 19:39:00 EST 2003

The best non conductive tower is the telephone pole (really a power pole).
I was just looking at a great article on tracking a pole in a 1964 CQ
Magazine.

The problem with a power pole is that you are limited to the number of
antennas you can put on top and there are no good for stacking except at
VHF.

Bill Wall KC4UZ placed a message in the archives about 120 footers available
in The South East. Unfortunately I lost my archives in 2002 and Bill has not
been well other wise he would have jumped in at some point.

I did see that a vendor of those 120+ foot cast plaster poles we see along
main highways will sell them to anybody (for $15,000 each).

73 Dave K4JRB