[TowerTalk] Trap Resonance

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Fri Nov 21 19:57:51 EST 2003

Get off your high horse.  In a series circuit, which a loading
coil most certainly is, the current into and the current out of
a device must be the same.  In the RF circuit, if the current
into and out of the coil is not the same only three things can
be happening:

1) there is radiation

2) there is loss

3) the measurement is disturbing the system being measured.

I suppose radiation is fine if one has a helical antenna (a
coil designed radiate) but that's not what the debate is about.

If you can't understand those concepts, go back to the very
first circuits (and E&M) courses.

ANY measured difference in I(in) vs. I(out) is either due to
one of those three effects and to argue otherwise is to argue
for perpetual motion.