[TowerTalk] On the phase shift in current between ends of a coil

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 22 20:06:22 EST 2003

I don't know that Method of Moments codes (i.e. NEC) adequately model
parasitic capacitance effects, which are proabably important in loading
coils). No question that using a GH (helix) to model the turns works, at
least as far as the inductive coupling goes. NEC doesn't deal with skin
effect either.

But, on the other hand, if you're expecting better than 1% accuracy with NEC
for a ham antenna (in a typical ham installation), you're probably dreaming
anyway.  If someone's willing to send me a set of validated and accurate
numerical greens function file for my VW Passat, though, I'm willing to go
up to the antenna range and do some tests.

Jim, W6RMK