[TowerTalk] Need simple antenna modeling....

Dino Darling k6rix at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 24 11:30:45 EST 2003

Hello!

I would like to build this antenna THIS week!...

http://members.aol.com/k5oejerry/eggbeater2.htm

Would someone model this antenna using 4ga copper for 2 meters?  Jerry
states that 10ga is a minimum and I expect the size of the rectangle loops
to change with the larger diameter wire.  I need to know the NEW rectangle
dimensions centered for 145.240Mhz.

The phasing line will be Belden 9269 (84% velocity factor; 93 ohm).  What
is the correct LENGTH for this phasing line with the new antenna?  Also,
the specs say that this coax will handle 750 volts RMS.  My calculations
converting that to RF WATTS is wrong.  How many watts will this coax
handle?  I need some education here!

Thank you!!!

Dino...k6rix at earthlink.net