[TowerTalk] tower base insulators

Carl cbraun at remtron.com
Mon Nov 24 16:08:17 EST 2003

I am erecting three aluminum towers with stingers on top of them to act as a
triangular array on 80 meters...I am currently using 3 Butternut HF2V
antennas and realize I need a liitle bit more than shortened verticals for
this project.

I am searching for standard 5/16" fiberglass rod to insert into the base
legs of this tower to insulate it from ground.....economically.

I see array solutions has a set of three of these fiberglass insulators for
$180 a set times three equals a lot of money for insulators...and they're
the low cost options...others are upwards of $1100 to $1500 per set of three
for the good stuff...yikes.

Has anyone come up with an alternative?

Thnaks in advance for any help!

Carl AG6X