[TowerTalk] working alone (was "climbing safety")

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Wed Nov 26 13:41:10 EST 2003

   From: "Mark Beckwith" <mark at concertart.com>
   Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:27:03 -0600

   Rich said:

   >And, I'm going to start heeding the advice to have a
   >helper on site

   > "There but for the grace of God go I."

   Well, my wife is a little concerned that I work alone.  To me, I'm not about
   to miss another CQWW just because the station's not ready.  Or whatever.
   It's a risk I have been willing to take.  Maybe I should just refrain from
   doing stupid things when nobody's around?

   Mark, N5OT

Easy.  Get her to be your second person.  I climb alone, but my
partner is observing, and even helping, from the ground.  And has a
telephone to hand.

73, doug