[TowerTalk] Best Tuner Value?

Tony Martin W4FOA w4foa at comcast.net
Fri Nov 28 15:54:13 EST 2003

Jerry,
I've had a bunch of them (never the top of the line stuff though).  For the
buck, I prefer the Dentron MT-3000A, very robust.  If you are not interested
in 160, the Millen 92200 (I think is the number) is an exceptional tuner.
The TenTec 238 series is good but a bit fragile on top band and the major
weakness is the "dial cord"...which they have finally realized and admitted
it is a weakness and came out with the new tuner which uses a turns counter.
I've been fussing at them about the dial cord mess for years...I don't know
if they finally got the message or just got tired of complaints,
hi....anyway it is a good tuner too, with those exceptions noted.  But my
personal overall preference is the MT-3000A.

Good luck with your choice....if you've got the bucks there are a couple
which I am sure are great tuners but who wants to pay 1K for a tuner??

Tony, W4FOA