[TowerTalk] Which tower?

Alan Beagley ab2os at optonline.net
Wed Oct 1 08:09:23 EDT 2003

Looking to put up a 40' to 50' unguyed tower in an area where one has to
allow for 80mph winds (Ottowa county, W. Michigan). I probably will not
put up a lot of antennas at first -- just an HF beam (perhaps a 3el. or
4el. SteppIR) with a 2m/440 vertical above it -- but I'd like to keep my
options open.

The makes of tower I've investigated are US Tower, Trylon, and AN Tower.
Which is the most reliable? Which is the best value for money, taking
into account the shipping charges as well? -- e.g., Trylon's US
distributor has a fixed shipping charge no matter what size tower and
where in the US it's going.

-=-
Alan AB2OS