[TowerTalk] How do you cut this stuff?

Jerry Keller k3bz at arrl.net
Sun Oct 5 00:02:17 EDT 2003

If you want to see the most creative use of one of those grinders, check out www.grindergirl.com or watch the Letterman show on Thurs or Fri nites. Jerry K3BZ
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim White, K4OJ
  To: Jim W7RY
  Cc: TowerTalk at contesting.com ; Wes Cosand
  Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 10:49 PM
  Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How do you cut this stuff?

  Go with the grinder - although a big bolt cutter works well, too...

  The local flea market vendor who has the Asian import stuff sells side
  grinders for 9.99 - and a disk is another buck -= just burned out one of
  those after three years of occasional usage for ham applications... i.e.
  for about 4 dollars a year I ground through whatever needed grinding...
  great for cutting guy wire - or - my favorite:  cutting through rusted
  out u-bolts - its a zip - make sure you wear protective eye wear - and
  if you really want to have fun - use it outside after sunset for the
  "fireworks" show of hot metal chips shooting off as they are ground away....

  My new side grinder - think its Chinese -  gets christened tomorrow...

  K4OJ