[TowerTalk] Tower Base Hole

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Mon Oct 6 06:41:06 EDT 2003

You can rent one of the backhoes around here (upstate
NY) for around $200 with a trailer.  You need a decent
2" ball hitch and vehicle to tow it of course.  They'd
probably deliver it for an additional fee.

They are quite easy to use, but digging "tight" holes
is always a bit tricky.

On separate occasions, I have rented both the
combination backhoe/loader with pneumatic tires, and
the "tracked" (drives like a tank) backhoe.  I much
prefer the tracked one for digging holes - and it is
FAR superior for digging trenches (you can drive it
along while "operating" the hoe).  The tracked one
also comes with a small "pusher" blade.

Mike N2MG