[TowerTalk] 3M #35 colored electrical tape

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Oct 7 12:01:47 EDT 2003

I have found colored tape is a great way to mark antenna elements that
are assembled in the air - sometimes I send the boom up with only the
aligned central portions attached to the boom (so it "looks like a wide
spaced six meter beam" (K5ZD)) and then

plug in the remainder of the element halves... you can color code these
locations i.e. the reflector is red and the reflector element halves are
also colored red.... the driven element is black and the driven element
halves are black... the first director is green and the first director
halves are green...

it makes for a lot quicker and less stressful installation.... none of
that are you sure that is the right piece - it looks shorter from down
here stuff....

K4OJ

\